Sunday, October 28, 2012

Classroom Books

Classroom Books are a favorite of mine.  I have so many now that I am running out of space to store them.  I absolutely LOVE to use them as a teaching tool in my classroom.  It was fairly recently that I discovered how amazing they are to use for the Big Kid Monsters.  I created my first one on a grammar skill thinking that it would be too babyish for them - boy was I mistaken.  They couldn't get enough of them.  Now I use them for all subject areas and I try to make at least one a month.  My latest book done for American History as part of my Jamestown unit.  Students made a Pseudo-primary source from the 1600's and I bound those together into the classroom book.  My students thoroughly enjoy checking the book out from my classroom library to read.  The one I am working on now is also for American History and the kids can hardly wait to finish their pages for display.  One of my favorite parts of all my books is having them all on display for Open House in the spring.  Kids enjoy showing off their pages to their parents and truly feel like the contributed to something that gives them a legacy.

Let me know what you think about classroom books for the Big Kid Monsters.  And until next time, Have Fun!

1 comment:

  1. I love self-publishing! My favorite book I do with 4th graders is an end of the year writing portfolio. It's like a scrapbook with students' favorite writing from the year. I keep a "best of" in the classroom, and students make on of their personal work to take home. I love seeing the growth.

    ReplyDelete